Friday, January 15, 2010

10 Reasons I Love This Man-31 years

Hard to believe that it has been 31 years that we have been married but it has. This past Monday we celebrated our anniversary in a quiet and simple way together. Both of us were not feeling very well but we were very happy to be together. We went and saw the movie "Leap Year" it was cute, I wasn't in the mood for intrigue or science fiction just cute... (By the way this man really spoils me!)
My top ten reasons why I love this man.
1. He is my very best friend.
2. He is always there for me, while we are separated physically often because of his work he is my support, my rock. I always know where to turn for support or counsel.
3. He is the smartest person I have ever known. He is constantly learning and growing. Discussions with him are always enlightening.
4. I love watching him as a Father and a Grandfather. I have always loved to watch him with little children and that never gets old. I love seeing the relationship with his daughters grow over the years it is pretty sweet. His commitment to his family is wonderful.
5. He has the most gentle yet strong hands, I still love to hold them. I can remember as a newlywed laying in bed at night and talking and holding hands and thinking how cool that was and guess what it still is.
6. He is such a hard worker and does everything to perfection. At the same time he is willing to drop something and go. My most recent example is last night as he came back to the hotel from a VERY long day at work and he did not feel well at all, yet he was willing to walk over to the beach and let me play with my new camera as the sun was setting, he really didn't feel like going anywhere except to bed.
7. I love his knowledge and understanding of the gospel. The man never quits studying and that is such a great example for all of us. He studies for his lessons and I wish that I could hear the discussion because I hear such wonderful things about them.
8. He is still very quiet but he serves and is so generous is such a quiet way. I'm sure there are things that he does or has done that many of us will never know.
9. I love that he honors his Priesthood and is such a good example in his professional life as well.
10. I LOVE HIS LAUGH
I just quite simply love this man and love that we move forward together into a new frontier of our lives!

2 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Congrats on 31 years! Something to be proud of!

The Smith Clan said...

Happy Anniversary! How are you guys? Hope things are going well!

Our Family