Thursday, March 11, 2010

Love My Time With Rebecca

Each and every day that Rebecca is at home still is a blessing for me! She keeps talking about moving into an apartment and is always looking...while I know that it is inevitable I am thankful for the time with her!!! I love doing things with her like going to movies, watching "One Tree Hill" among several other shows, looking at floor plans and going to the model homes to name a few things. She has been decorating her room for the various holiday's. Several years ago I made a wreath from Christmas ornaments and I loved it, however, one evening it fell from where it was hung and shattered on the wood floor in our hallway. Rebecca decided that she wanted to make a smaller version for her room and so I made another one for the house. The difference is that the ornaments are not glass this time! It was a lot of fun making these together despite the fact that it took several days because we had to stop and start a few times with her schedule. It was fun to talk and laugh as we did it, a memory that I will always treasure. We also got on a decorating kick and it was fun to do new thing for the holiday's. We created a new look for the tree in the formal living room that I loved this year, as well as decorating "Grandma Smith's little tree we gave her anonymously the year before she died.

I just love her beautiful smile and her great sense of humor!

This project was frustrating at times because we are both perfectionists and we could always see whole or gaps!
Even as it was hanging I kept seeing problems with it and will have to do some repairs before next year! The time with Rebecca "PRICELESS!"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWW! How cute is that??? I love Rebecca! She is SO CUTE and Such a Doll! You both have become such great friends to me! Thanks for all you do! :) I enjoy every minute I spend chatting with you, reading about you, or looking at pictures of your beautiful Growing family!!!! SOOOOO FUN!

Kerry said...

The thought of actually being an "empty nester" is both exciting and extremely sad, although I know it is inevitable.

Rebecca said...

aw shucks. you are too nice. i love my time with you too! and yes.. the time is coming. but who knows when! i'm definitely loving the oh so attractive pictures of me :). haha love you. and thanks katie you are so nice. we love you too!

Our Family