Sunday, September 16, 2012

Brigham City Temple

Because of our trip to Ireland we were only able to get to the Open House for the Brigham City Temple on the very last day.  All of the family in the Utah area were able to go to dinner in Layton and then on to the Open House.  We all treasure our time in Brigham City so we were excited to see the new temple and hoped to see some of our old friends there. 


The temple is so beautiful, the use of the peach blossoms in the woodwork is so pretty and appropriate for the area.  As we walked through one of the sealing rooms Dave G. turned and said to me "it is so neat to be able to look into the mirrors and see my family reflecting forever."  I told him I understood and teared up a little and he realized I was feeling that way about my "entire" family.  I was just missing my Kansas family quite a bit at that moment as well.  We didn't see any of our old friends that night but I just fell in love with that temple.  I am not sure how many time one of us sang or hummed the song "I Love To See the Temple."

No comments:

Our Family