Monday, January 28, 2013

What goes bump in the night!!!!

I am not sure why when Kerry goes out of town house noises seem to be louder and occur more often but they do! At 4:00 am I thought Quate was digging at the gate and then I started listening intently and realized the noise was actually coming from our roof.  The raccoons are back, we had been warned by our neighbor that they had seen raccoons on our roof while we were gone in the fall.
While I was semi awake there were suddenly thumps going down the roof and then a major crash down on the ground outside.  I did not get up and look out but struggled to go back to sleep instead.  When I let Quate outside later in the morning I saw that the snow shovel that had been leaning on the patio last night was lying on the ground and with further inspection I saw definite little footprints in the fresh snow.  I decided to take a picture of Quate's fresh print and compare to the other new ones.

Quate's little furry round print.

The critter's prints that led to the fence and up.  Quate has also been on the scent every time he goes out to relieve himself.  I have wondered about Quate's hearing and this proved he is losing his hearing because even through the crash he slept soundly. 
All I can say is that if they decide to go to the roof again tonight I hope they have a better grip and don't go crashing into the shovel again.

No comments:

Our Family