Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter/General Conference

I love General Conference and look forward to it every six months.  I always feel that they are speaking directly to me, that they know where I am struggling the very most.  Today's afternoon session was a stand out for me and I can't wait to read them all again.  Today is also Easter Sunday and so it was even more special.  The Church put out a special video called "He Lives" it is so touching and reminds me of the reason we celebrate this season.  I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and his atoning sacrifice on our behalf.  Conference was a good reminder for me of the things that I need to do personally to be a better person, to try harder and not be complacent.
 General Conference also brings about many traditions for our family. Many of these traditions began when our girls were very young or even as teenagers.  As our family has grown some of these traditions have become a little over whelming but we still try to carry on with most of them.  "Conference Café" is very much apart of these weekends, where we have Hueavos Rancheros  for brunch and Chile Verde for dinner.  Next conference we will do more ahead of time so that we can listen more and be in the kitchen less in order to hear the talks even better.  I just wonder why it took me so long to think of this idea.  I just don't like being in the kitchen all day when so much is going on! 
Today was also our family Easter Egg hunt.  Because the yard is still so new places to hide so many eggs is a bit of a challenge but it was still fun.  I was just wishing that all of the family could have been together today for a little while.  Getting to "face time" with Cyd and her family was great though.

No comments:

Our Family