Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cultural Evening-Rachel

On Thursday April 9th Rachel's class participated in a Cultural Event at the school. She was very nervous and excited as the evening got closer, they had been working on the song and dance for a couple of weeks. It was a song and dance from Chile, gee I wonder why? I was watching her as much as I was the kids. Most of the other teachers just stood and watched as their classes performed but Rachel was animated along with them, must be a first year teacher with lot's of enthusiasm still.


They were cute and even made up some of their own actions to go with the song.

The dance was fun to watch, I had planned to video but the batteries in my camera would only let me take stills. You'd think I would remember to pack extras for events like this.

There was a women in front of us who was so excited when she heard they were doing this dance
Numbers over Rachel runs excitedly across the floor to catch up with her kids. I just about missed her. It was really fun to watch them and her. Before hand we were able to go with Cameron's mom, Carrie, and two sisters, Caroline and Courtney, to see the house that Rachel and Cameron are buying. It was fun to see her again here in Utah. It had been great to spend time with them in Maryland.




We are all pretty excited for them to be able to get into such a nice place despite our wonderful economy. They are pretty excited themselves and ready to be on their own, who could blame them. I have to say it will be different around here without them.

No comments:

Our Family