Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Turtles, Dolphins,Wonderful Waves and WHALES!

On Sunday afternoons Kerry and I like to drive along the coastline and watch the waves and natural wildlife.
You can see these turtles all over the coastline of Oahu but I never get tired of seeing them. Since I had the opportunity to meet one up close and personal I just love to watch them. These are along Electric Beach near Ko'Olina where Kerry often does beach dives from.
We lucked out one day as we got there you could see Spinner Dolphins jumping and spinning right in front of where we were. They were fascinating and I could have watched them all day.

At Lanai Lookout on the other side of the Island we love to watch the large waves and their majesty.



One afternoon we managed to see this right off of the lookout, again I could have watched this go on and on. There were people there who missed the show because they were watching the surf like we had been.


I'm loving my new camera because we could never have begun to get these pictures with the point and shoot camera that I was using and still continue to carry in my purse just in case.

We went back several times during the whale season to see these magnificent mammals in action and were lucky to see them quite a few times. We had friends go there to watch after we told them about it and they didn't see any, we were very lucky and patient at the same time. I'm looking forward to this winter season and being able to see them in action again.

1 comment:

The Smith Clan said...

Lauri, You have some great photo shots there!

Our Family