Friday, February 10, 2012

Night Terrors

Mysterious noises in the night outside my home, even scared my dog! I have a feeling it's going to be a restless night.

Brian Boyd Gun.
Lauri Smith Stevenson For me it was lock and run!
Brian Boyd Call 911.
Rebecca Stevenson Mom... Can I come be with you?
Krista Davies Where's Kerry? Have someone stay with you tonight. And I like Brian's idea.
Lauri Smith Stevenson Kerry is in Honolulu. And I am fine, just may watch TV until I can't keep my eyes open,
Colleen Bradshaw Be safe Lauri. Like Brian said 911 if you hear anything else!
Lauri Smith Stevenson Thanks everyone.
Rebecca Stevenson I'm coming! My stubborn-ness beat yours! :)
Lauri Smith Stevenson You got that right...thanks kiddo.

The previous conversations took place on facebook last night. As it was approaching bedtime I let Quate out for the last time before I locked him up for the night. After he scratched at the door to tell me he was ready to come in I opened the door and heard a noise like re bar hitting the sidewalk on the side of the house. There were no lights on and my heart was racing very fast. I hurried and locked the door behind Quate and put him to bed. I turned all of the lights off and tried to see if I could see anything out of place from the windows. Still shaking I went upstairs and tried to calm down knowing it probably wasn't much of anything. I posted on facebook and Reb said she was coming home so I called her and told her not to, but she proved to bemore stubborn than I am and came anyway. I am glad she did because we were able to talk and catch up, she was my knight in shining armor, female style!!!


I found this on the bottom of the stairs this morning when I let Quate back in again. I went around the side of the house and inspected to see if anything was out of place. Nothing I could see.... I sent this picture to Kerry and he called to tell me that he had found that pipe in the garden and had placed it on the stairs by the sliding glass door last week and that Quate must have knocked it off the stairs as he was begging to come in. The sound sounded much further away but everything is much worse in the dark late at night. Kerry put the correction on todays version of my post, boy do I feel stupid and silly!!!


Rebecca thanks for being my hero even though it was super silly!

No comments:

Our Family