Wednesday, July 30, 2008

It would have been a cute picture if I hadn't been so mad!

On the 24th Quate' was so worn out from running all day he actually sat and watched the fireworks with us. Imagine him sitting still while outside!

He is such a cute dog. But today when I got home from running errands I opened the door to the house from the garage where he usually meets me with his tail wagging. I guessed he had gotten out before I closed the gate and was probably hiding under my bed. No, when I went further into the house I spied him standing on the counter in the bathroom. As I got closer I also noticed he had knocked the "Ti" plant off of the counter as he had done it and it was out of the pot on top of the toilet and the pot was on the ground. He obviously couldn't get back down because the lid now housed the plant and dirt was all over the place so he was stuck. He was happy to see me and his little tail was wagging until he realized I wasn't very happy with him. He finally gave in and jumped down and went to the back door where he usually goes when he gets in trouble. He wouldn't make eye contact and his tail was tucked between his legs, he knew he was in trouble! The soil was moist enough that we have had to let it dry in order to clean it up without making more of a mess. He's still outside looking through the sliding door and the blinds hoping we haven't forgotten him. As I fixed dinner, made Zucchini Bread and cleaned up the kitchen I have thought it would have been a cute picture if I hadn't been so mad! I had to chuckle at the thought of it and be happy it was me that found him first.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

It would have been a funny picture! Good thing you found him first. If it had been Dad, he would have been a goner. Does it make you wonder what in the world he was even doing up there in the first place? Does the Bath & Body Works hand soap make him want to climb up and eat it? Does he secretly like to admire himself in the mirror? Strange...

Lauri said...

Yeah it makes me wonder for sure. I hadn't thought about the scent of the soap... I thought maybe he was just out of water and the seat to the toilet was down like it was supposed to be so that was the next resort, but his water dish was completely full. I keep telling him he's a cute "puppy" maybe he wanted to see for himself.

Rebecca said...

that dog has an ego. hmm. interesting. i would have just guessed he is insane. and possessed.

Natalie Que said...

Hi Lauri, thanks so much for your sweet comments on my blog. I have seen the link on my sitemeter from your girls' sites and was excited that ya'll found me!

How is Natalie? Does she have a blog?

So fun to see the fun pic of the family. You've grown quite a bit! Everyone is grown up and married and there are even grandbabies now. How fun.

Thanks again, and keep the comments coming! Let me know if you try anything in particular especially.

-Nat

Cydney Jensen said...

Oh quate!

Wendy Evans said...

Lauri,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I think you all are amazing and wonderful. I am so glad that Jessica and I have become friends. You have great kids. Good job mom and dad. I had a lot of fun at the concert. Sorry didn't get to talk to you a lot, the kid thing you know... Until the next adventure...
Wendy

Our Family