Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Christmas Sweater

(I don't like to do posts that have me in the majority of the pictures, or any, but this is an exception)

As we gathered at our house for our traditional Christmas Dinner I was handed another gift to open.  I thought we were all done and then I realized everyone in the room was watching me.  I wondered what Kerry was up to this time!

        When I got to the tissue paper I could hardly believe what I was seeing before my eyes.
On our trip to Ireland in one of the first shops that we went into I fell in love with a sweater but because we were just beginning I decided not to buy it, there would be so many more shops to go into through the trip. And  it was a little more than I had planned to pay. At every shop after that I compared everything to that sweater.
 In Omagh we stayed with a missionary couple and she asked if there was anything that I had regretted not buying already and I told her about the sweater and she laughed and said it happened to everyone. From then I just thought about it as "my wish I had sweater."
 
                                              And there it was right before my eyes.!!!!
Literally all I could do was cry when I saw it, so I hid my face.


This is such an awful picture of me but I just looked at him and called him a "turkey" as he sat there with the biggest grin on his face.  I also know how much effort went into finding that sweater.  We couldn't remember the name of the shop or even the little community that it was in.  Kerry retraced our steps through the many pictures we took and found it. 

It's hard to see in the picture how beautiful this sweater is, but it is even more beautiful than I remember.
  To make this story even better on Christmas Eve Kerry got a phone call from Jessica telling him that the postman had left a note telling them he had tried to deliver a package and that they could pick it up the day after Christmas.  Kerry told them not to worry about it but Dave went and chased down the postman to get the package so that I could have it on Christmas. 
The Christmas Sweater is a beautiful gift and now a very sweet memory.

No comments:

Our Family