Friday, December 14, 2012

Let the Christmas Season Begin

We were given the opportunity to attend the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional and had enough tickets for all of the adults in our family in the Utah Area.  It turned out that Rebecca, her roommates, and some friends ended up going with us but it was a wonderful experience.
Each year the Mormon Tabernacle Choir does a Christmas Concert with special guests as a narrator and a vocal personality.  This year it was announced that Tom Brokaw was the narrator and Alfie Boe the vocalist.  I was so excited about both and hoped I would get tickets in the draw and entered.  The time to put names in was clear back in October and I had actually not given it a lot of thought until the day the tickets came, I was so excited. So just a week after the Devotional we returned to the Conference Center to attend this concert.  We had four tickets but because of conflicts our adult children could not go on a Thursday night. As our special guests we took Kerry's Mom and Caleb.  It was a beautiful evening and because the"Candy Bomber" was a highlight I am sure Caleb won't forget this night.  I had goose bumps as Alfie Boe sang "Let Him Live."  I could have listened to him for a very long time.
What a great way to begin the Christmas season.

No comments:

Our Family