Friday, March 6, 2015

Essential Oils


(these pictures are only for pictures not for finger pointing just for illustration!)
 
I have suffered from headaches a major portion of my life.  I have gone through biofeedback, CT Scans. MRI's. Xrays, you name it and it has been tried.  I was told that as hormones change in my life the headaches would lessen, and they did, until recently. As a result of all of this testing nothing has been found to be a cause, there are no signs of problems to be found and just last week while discussing this with a Physician I was told  I would " just have to live with it."  During headache times I become limited in the things that I can do or where I can go because I am assaulted by fragrances and scents which can throw me into a full blown migraine almost immediately. This often means attending church or religious events or even some family gatherings. Unless you experience a migraine first hand most people just push it aside and or roll their eyes. 
 
The newest trend is to recommend that I try essential oils, particularly peppermint oil, and that I will feel so much better.   It doesn't seem to sink in that the highly fragranced oils may work for some but not for me.  Within just a few minutes after telling them that peppermint is one of the worst triggers for me and that I don't handle strong scents well a suggestion for another oil is made or once again I am told that Peppermint Oil will cure everything.  I have no doubt that oils do help some, they have been around for centuries.  I simply ask that my friends and family understand that I am not part of the essential oil "trend" I simply can't.  I would also recommend to others that it not be promoted as the cure all for everything there is only one sure thing in life and I am not ready for that yet!

No comments:

Our Family