Saturday, August 9, 2008

Fun Family Times

Before Kerry headed back to Honolulu for two weeks Jessica decided to have a game night with the family. Cameron was still under the weather from his wisdom teeth so he and Rachel stayed home. When we all got there Dave and Jes were talking to Dave's dad so Spencer took advantage of some quiet time to get Natalie to read to him. I don't think she minded very much!
Cydney called and of course she wanted to talk to Caleb, she was part of the evening too. We miss you Cyd and Ken.
After playing a couple games with the boys it was bed time. Grandpa got to read the bed time story, he didn't mind that either. He was quite surprised when Spencer opened one of the flaps and when Grandpa asked him what the animal was and Spencer replied "McCaw" we were expecting bird or parrot but...
We finally got to see the "Big Boy Bunk Bed's" and Caleb was showing us the view from the top.

Spencer was telling Grandpa goodnight and bye bye. Being a grandparent has to be one of my favorite things in the whole world. I love family time.


4 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

I am really looking forward to having grandchildren (not quite yet but in the future). It is the only thing that makes me okay with letting my kids grow up. Little children bring such a fun and exciting element into the house. You are so lucky to have them close by.

Lauri said...

Yeah, I agree that I am lucky to have them so close. I guess that is one of the reasons I am hesitant to go to Honolulu. But miss Kerry terribly so it is a catch 22. I also helps having the kids all grown up, you are going through that I know.

Jessica said...

It was fun to have everyone over. I think we should make it a regular thing, what do you think?

Cydney Jensen said...

Cute! I can't believe how big they are getting! I wish that I was there and wan't missing all of it.

Our Family