Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Time With Caleb

On Sunday the Gordon's came to the house to pick up some apricots that I had purchased for them. While they were there Caleb asked if we could go out back together for awhile. One of his favorite places is to go into the garden. Our tomatoes are just starting to come on a little bit. He found all of the pear and cherry tomatoes that were ripe and we picked them. He then found one of the big ones that was almost ripe and put it on the patio table. Unfortunately he didn't put it out of Quate's reach and so he got the first big tomatoe from this season. We then harvested zucchini, cucmbers, green beans and some of the peppers. It was fun to have him there with me.
After the garden we sat on the swing and talked and then I broke out a bottle of bubbles. Caleb got quite a kick out of Quate' chasing the bubbles in the yard. Yesterday while Jessica and Rosemarie were in with the chiropractor Spencer slept on my shoulder and Caleb and I again talked. He talked my leg off it was fun. He talked about coming to Hawaii to see Grandpa Stevenson and I and then about his trip to Omaha to see Grandpa and Grandma Gordon and the Children's Museum and then about Tennesee with Grandma Ann and swimming in her pool. He has a lot of adventures planned for the future. I can't believe he starts preschool next week. It has been fun just talking and spending some quiet time with him, just the two of us.

s

3 comments:

Cydney Jensen said...

those boys are so cute! I can't believe how much I am missing everyone right now!

Lauri said...

We are missing you too! We all comment whenwe get together that we wish you were around too! Less than two weeks, I can hardly wait!

Nichole Barney said...

I love those fresh veggies from the garden! How fun that you can spend some one on one time with him. Those moments are so important to the little ones as they grow up it means a lot to them.

Our Family