Monday, December 8, 2008

I went to Festival of Trees with Rosemarie on Friday last week. It was the first time in many years that I have gone. First of all it was fun to spend some time with Rosemarie and to just talk for a little while. I probably won't go back for a few more years because of the changes in the way things are presented but here are a few of my favorite trees.

This one was very simple but it was my very favorite tree. As we approached it there was a large group of girls standing in front of the tree having their picture taken. They had made the decorations as an Actvity Day Group and were so excited to have it there and that it was sold. The garland was hand tied pieces of fabric as well as other ornaments. They were so cute to watch that it made the whole event worthwhile.

This one was taken for Kerry with the Hawaiian theme in mind. What you can't see is all of the shells on the tree.
There were several tree based on the theme of Twilight so I took them for Rebecca.

This one was so cute that I couldn't pass it up even though it really doesn't fit in the category of a tree.

This one was produce by the Holdman Gallery and was a lot of fun to see since it was timed with music. Where would you store this?

This was the best of the Twilight trees and there was quite a crowd around it, there was a lot to take in from the ornaments to all of the stuff that was around it. We didn't go through all of the wreath's and other displays that were in the auditorium but it was fun to see a lot of the trees and the festivities. Mostly fun to spend time with my big sister!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

HHHMMM. Maybe I should pick up twilight again. That would be a good distraction for the rest of the week. Very tempting.

Wendy Evans said...

I haven't been to the festival of trees here, I went one year with my mom in Washington. It was fun to do a girl thing with her and see the amazing trees that alot of people poured their souls into. Thank you so much for your comment, it really makes me think and feel so blessed to have my kids and that things are just things and not important. My family is what is important and I thank you for that reminder. I am sorry to here that story, so sad. You are amazing and know how to give wonderful, needed and inspirational advice. Thank you.

Nichole Barney said...

I have not done that for years but it looks like a fun time. More than anything an excuse to be together. How fun!

Rebecca said...

mmm.. twilight...love...edward. haha ok im done. it would have been fun to go to this with you guys. it looks awesome.

Our Family