Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Aloha

So you all know that I have this fear of heights. Sometimes balconies or Lanai's can be a bit of a problem. When we stayed at the Imperial here in Honolulu before there were times when I was almost paralized by going out on the Lanai because both sides were not surrounded by a wall like the Ala Moana. My head would just spin and I would stagger out trying to look down....
So when Dad saw this one in this place he knew I wouldn't be able to spend much time on it like I had at other places. For some reason after the initial trip out it hasn't been too bad, he was surprised to see me waving down to him from the 24th floor as he left for work this morning . Not sure what makes the difference since there are no walls on the sides but the railing must be high enough that I feel emtionally safe. Go figure.

This is the view from our room out to Waikiki. I am sorry for those of you who are 'stuck' in the foot and a half of snow that has fallen in the last 24 hours. And some of the people from around here are complaining that it is cold here right now, it is actually below 80.
Aloha, love to all of you!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

TTTHHHHBBBBBTTTTT. No that is not the sound of me shivering, but of me sticking out my tongue and blowing a raspberry. You stink! I wish it was warmer here....

Lauri said...

I debated posting this because I do really feel bad that the weather there and what people are enduring. It wasn't meant as a na,na,na,na,na moment but a celebrate the fact I survived the height event. Sorry

Rebecca said...

that is not fair. i want to cry because i want to be there SO bad. but im glad that the height isn't bothering you. it looks like a nice hotel! i want to come!!!

Cydney Jensen said...

I want to come too! I am loving the cold, I am sad that there isn't any snow here in Kansas, but I do like the cold. I just want to go to the beach!

rosemarie said...

Sorry about the height problem.
I will honestly say that I am jealous, I want to come, the inversion is coming and it is cold. I will say thought that I truly am grateful for the snow/moisture

Our Family