Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Beach's

Of course one of the reasons to come to Hawaii is to head to the beach! Several nights after Kerry got back to the hotel from work we would go and get dinner and then Rachel, Kerry, and Cameron ran to play in the surf, until they got stung by some creature.


It's hard to see but they were really laughing and screaming in the water.

One day we went to Waimea Bay and just relaxed and played, some snorkeled a little but we all got sun burned!


As we were driving up the North Shore trying to decide where we were going to go to snorkel Kerry noticed a few turtles poking their heads up. He pulled over and we went out to the beach to see them. They were right at the water's edge feeding and it was so cool. I couldn't believe how close we were able to get to them. We decided it was worth going back for another time.



One of the coolest experiences I have had in Hawaii is to be so close to them and then to go back and swim and snorkel with them. We were able to get right up close to them in the water.




Yes Kerry actually got me in the water to snorklel with him, it was so clear and fun to see the turtles up close.
Hi everyone!
At one point Rebecca was standing in the water watching and a large turtle swam right around her in a circle. Later as Kerry and I were standing talking a turtle swam right between us and it even touched my leg, since we can't touch them it was pretty cool to have it touch me. I think that this is my favorite beach to visit right now. It was quite an amazing experience for a land lover like me. I think Kerry was pretty excited that I actually went into the water again. I will keep trying.
It was a really fun trip with Rachel, Cameron, and Rebecca and I am amazed that we have been to many of the same places but experienced different things each time.

No comments:

Our Family