Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lehi Roundup Parade

This event has quickly become a tradition for our family. We began it when Dr. Dave started his own practice and it was a way of becoming a part of the community we all pitched in to pass out toothbrushes and other goodies. While he has a bigger staff we still like to walk the parade route and pass out goodies with them.
Caleb is big enough to remember this from last year so he was excited to get going!
Spencer was just having fun period.

Getting the sign up on the truck always presents an interesting challenge.
He is like the energizer bunny he keeps on going and going, this was too cute to pass up.
These little cowboys thought that the parade would never begin.
Spencer discovered that the Disney characters had climbed aboard the float in front of us.
So of course he wanted to go and meet them.
Finally we are set to go. Natalie was in charge of dispersing toothbrushes to last along the route.
I am constantly amazed at the response that they get from people and how excited they are to get new toothbrushes. Some chase us clear down the street until they get one.

It was also fun to see how many knew Dr. Dave this year. Plus we all saw some friends that we hadn't seen for awhile.
Because of Jessica's surgery she had to ride inside this year, then of course the clean up to get ready to take the truck back. We also carried on the tradition of going to JCW's for lunch afterwards.
We all had fun again, even though it was pretty hot this time.
I never pass up a chance for a picture of any of the sisters together or
of cute little grandsons! Another parade done.
Later that night I was experiencing pain in my back and hip that was worse than I had for quite sometime. To the point that I could hardly walk. I called neighbors to see if I could get a blessing but literally no one was home. All of the sons-in-law were out in Eagle Mountain and so I just gave up on the idea because I didn't want any of them to have to drive in after a busy day. Little did I know that Rebecca had called Dave S. and asked him to come in, I felt bad because he had just got home from work and was driving all the way back. I did appreciate the really nice blessing that he gave me. It's nice to know that when Kerry is gone that there is still those in our family who hold the Priesthood that can help, it is a comfort.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

And I appreciate that more than they imagine. It is so comforting to know that they are there in my absence.

Our Family