Thursday, August 6, 2009

Punchbowl and Beautiful Rainbows....

One of my favorite things to do is to go to the Punchbowl Memorial. I was excited to go there with Cameron because of his knowledge of World War II. It was very late when we got there so we once again had to hurry through but it was interesting to watch him look at the memorial. He is going to help me try an discover where my Dad was the Pacific Theatre the first time before he got Malaria and then was sent back to Okinawa.

The view is always spectacular from up here, last time I was mesmerized by the sun rays coming through the clouds this time it was the rain and the rainbows.

I was surprised when I traveled to Maui and saw cactus on a tropical island. I expected green and lush not cactus. I wasn't quite as surprised on Oahu' with cactus but delighted to see it blooming.
Back down the walkway from the view area to the memorial.
What a beautiful sight!
Bird of Paradise
These trees have been shaped like a wreath and were aligned just perfect for this picture. It actually turned out better than I thought it would.
The memorial.
This picture contains four of my favorite things. The Shower trees, the flag blowing in the wind, the rainbow (though it is pretty hard to see here) and the Sun.
Cameron and I spent a few minutes here talking about Okinawa and Dad and where we should begin searching some things. His knowledge amazes me.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I.... love my outfit. ha! the things i wear...

Our Family