Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting there!

This picture is one of my favorite for many reasons. The time I have with Kerry here in Honolulu is priceless and I love discovering new things and places with him. As a mom I thought that there would always be kids around and life would be hectic and crazy. Well the kids are all grown up and life is still crazy and hectic but life is good. As I began blogging I realized there were few pictures of me, mostly because I most often have the camera but a major reason is that I simply didn't like the image I saw of myself. We made this hike to Diamond Head as I was already beginning to work on making changes in my diet and starting to exercise more. So this picture is kind of a symbol to me that I was ready to take better care of myself, lose weight and get in better shape.

The beginning!
Though this is difficult to see there is a sea turtle in this picture. Despite my horrible fear of water I found myself snorkeling in the ocean and we found this turtle just before we quit for the day. (Kerry was very patient with me and helped me become more comfortable with the water, while I don't think I will become his dive buddy at least I can experience some of what he sees!)
Yep, that's me snorkeling, believe it or not. A picture is worth a thousand words isn't that what they say?
While I still have a few pounds to take off, I keep adding to my goal, I actually don't mind having my picture taken like I did. I feel great. My goal for inches around the waist in an inch away, and I'm now changing that goal as well.
Hawaii has definitely been good for me!




3 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

Lauri you look so awesome! Congrats. What a great accomplishment. :)

rosemarie said...

You look terrific!!! So glad you are feeling good and enjoying life so much. TERRIFIC

Lindsay said...

Beach babe! Congrats on all the hard work paying off. I bet you are loving Hawaii!

Our Family