Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Surprise Guys"

When Cydney, Ken and Nora were visiting from Kansas City we had a few opportunities to be together as a family. One of those was for "Second Sunday Dinner." It was fun to watch and listen to everyone as we sat around the dinner table. At the end of the meal Kerry came into the dining room with a "for sale by owner" sign and asked who wanted to help him put it up in the front yard. The reaction was a lot of fun for everyone but one who was a little sad.
And so we went outside and proceeded to place the sign in the front yard.
Rebecca was the only one who knew and believe me it has been a hard secret to keep. (Rebecca and I have been looking at lots for quite awhile so she knew when we found the right one.) We just wanted to have everyone together when we made the announcement.
We will be building a home south of Lehi. First comes the sale of the current home and then we will start to build. Wow am I excited.
(now comes the reaction of neighbors and ward members!)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Hooray!! Still so exicted that you guys are doing this. I have a builder for you to when you make it to that point!!

Kaylynn said...

That is so exciting! Good luck with everything!

rosemarie said...

All very exciting and fun for you to have a new home. I know the general area where your lot is can you tell me the address and builders name? I would love to go out and see it :):):)

Lindsay said...

I am so excited for you, and a little teary too! Mostly thinking of all the long chats in the kitchen :) What a fun adventure!

Rebecca said...

hey Rosemarie i think its 1651 s. country lane. and there isn't a builder! :) but you should wait for my mom to take you out there. she will love to show it off haha

Cydney Jensen said...

I was the sad loser who cried! BUT I was very excited at the same time!

The Smith Clan said...

Congrats on the new house you will be building! So Fun!

Our Family