Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

We had the whole family together alot while Cydney, Ken, and Nora were here from Kansas. I decided to try and get a family picture taken while we were all togther for dinner. Luckily Kerry's mom was with us and joined us for a picture. I want her to know how grateful we all are for her and having her in our lives. What a great woman! I swear her energy level never runs down. She is such a great example to all of us in doing good for others and in being faithful, steady, and diligent in living the gospel. She is accepting of who and what you are and loves you in spite of yourself. Thanks Mom for raising such a wonderful son that has blessed our lives.

Here is the reason that this day is such a good one! This is one of my favorite pictures of these wonderful women (oh, is that hard to say, women - no longer little girls.) who bring so much joy and happiness and at times even a little frustration! It does feel a little strange to be so far away from all of them today but I am also treasuring this wonderful time with their dad.

I also have thought a lot about my parents lately and of course I miss my mom a lot as well. It seems hard to believe she has been gone so long already.
Believe it or not this is the only picture of her that I have on the computer here with me in Honolulu but she is standing with some pretty special women in this picture as well.
(from left to right her sisters Bernice, Melba, Louise, and Mom-Carol)

Mom was such a great example of service, faithfulness, endurance and love to me. I will always remember the warm loaves of bread going to one family or another as well as meals. She never missed her visiting teaching and loved to attend the temple. She always worried about paying her tithing even up until her death. She loved my dad so much, and all three of us kids. She was loved for her cooking and family meals were so important to her. I love you mom, thanks for your wonderful example.

While this picture was at little too close for my comfort and a little cheesy it was nice to know that I have been accepted into the Makiki Ward here in Honolulu, I was graced with a rose along with all of the other mothers today, but a sweet sister gave me this hand-made Lei after Relief Society today. Home ward away from home!

Happy Mother's Day to all Mom's everywhere.


*Note to self - last year for Mother's Day I was given a printer/scanner so that I could start scanning pictures, YOU ARE WAY BEHIND. :)

1 comment:

Nichole Barney said...

Cute family picture! You are looking amazing too! I can tell you are working hard! Happy Mother's Day! Loved the picture of Grandma!

Our Family