Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Catch up!!! Memories of 2010

As I have contemplated trying to catch up on this I have gone through pictures from last year and have been filled with fun memories and experiences. I think we got so carried away in our Pirate adventures that I didn't think I could match or do clever posts. As a result I let some thoughts get away from me. I have so enjoyed the recollections that I am going to do a summary for my own memory.

I was able to make a few trips to Kansas this past year, I am determined that Nora is going to know me... I never knew either of my Grandmother's and was lucky to know both of Kerry's. I had the opportunity to spend quite a bit of time with his Grandma Stevenson when we were first married and she became the Grandmother that I never knew, I really loved her. At any rate I want my Grand kids to know me well and to know how much I adore them. That is a little difficult having Nora so far away.
Rebecca and I took a weekend around Cyd's birthday and played with Nora as much as we could.

It was great to spend time with them.
Ken practiced his new love of acupuncture on Rebecca and I while we were there. The hysterical thing was she was making such a fuss about the needles that she didn't even feel it when he placed it.

Of course he practiced just a little while we were there, he was trying to help her with a headache, it worked.
She was such a happy go lucky little thing while we were there. We could not have enough time with her.

While we were there she started to take her first steps, of course we encouraged her the entire time.
Nora was telling her it was time to get up and play with her.

Here are those steps, just look at the concentration on her face.
The time we had there was way too fast and before we knew it it was time to head back to Utah.

Kerry has given me roses for our anniversary that match the number of years we have been married. I was in Honolulu with him for our anniversary and so there were no flowers this time. When I got home from Kansas were waiting on the counter for me, a late anniversary and Valentines since we were in Kansas then.

1 comment:

Nichole Barney said...

How fun! It seems like being a grandparent is the best!

Our Family