Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Turning One-Surpirse!

Our family seems to love surprises! When Cydney learned we were going to Zion's for Memorial Day weekend she was sad because she had hoped we would be in Kansas for that weekend to celebrate Nora's first birthday. What she didn't know was that Kerry and I were planning a small three day trip before to surprise them and be there for the birthday. I had all of the details worked out and that morning Cyd called to tell us that they were going to see a free concert and greet and meet at a local bookstore with one of their favorite bands. I knew that by the time we landed, got the rental car and got to their house they would not be there. I also knew that they could possibly run errands and a bunch of stuff after and who knew how long we would be in the car waiting for them to get there. So I made up a story! I told them that there would be a package delivered for her birthday and I really didn't want to have it sitting on the porch unattended for very long.... So after the concert they grabbed lunch and headed back to their apartment.


We waited in the car down the street, seriously I thought that we were going to be reported as stalkers because we were parked right across from where some young kids were playing outside and the mom was watching us.
"What the heck? Was her response when she opened the door, even though Ken spied me through the peep hole with my camera ready.


"Look Nora, it's Grandma and Grandpa."



The birthday girl.


Lovin' time together!


Outside and loving every minute of it.

Timid about the cake!?

Such a cute cake, for a cute birthday girl.

Checking out the wagon we gave her. Even Charlie seems to approve! And with that the trip came to a rapid close and it was time to head home.
It was a fun surprise for all of us!


1 comment:

Kaylynn said...

You guys are awesome grandparents!

Our Family