Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day of Thanks

This year we did two turkeys, one regular roast and the other with herb butter basted. Kerry and I loved the herbed one we did two years ago and so we decided to do two smaller birds to make everyone happy. It worked.







Natalie's creativity keeps shinning, like all of my amazing girls! She made these cute little sandwiches for the younger kids while dinner was cooking.




She also made these edible cornucopias as place markers for dinner, so cute!


The dinner table.





We wish the Jensen's were here with us to complete the table, we miss them.




Caleb after enjoying the cornucopia.


Dave and Tanner checking out the candle centerpiece.


These guys were pretty proud of the beautiful pies they helped make.


Emma was so tired that she didn't make it all of the way through dinner, she had her own little dinner after we finished.


Such a delightful boy.


We haven't played games together forever, sad but true. Rebecca had played this game with friends and was so excited to play it with family members. We actually played various games from the WI to Clue. It was fun to relax and enjoy one anothers company.


Caleb amazed me as he played and solved this game. He was very methodical and solved it quickly, pretty bright guy. He will actually give his mom a run for the money when it comes to games, maybe he can eventually beat her a Boggle since no one else can!



I so love my family and am grateful for the time that we are able to spend together. This is such a wonderful time of year as it gives us time to reflect on the many blessings that we have. I am grateful that I live in this nation and enjoy the freedoms that I enjoy. I am grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and for the Plan of Salvation which offers me the promise of being with my family forever. I am so grateful for my wonderful husband and the great man that he is and the Priesthood he holds. I am also grateful that the surgeries are over for him and that they went well. I am grateful for five amazing daughters and the women that they have become. I am thankful for four sons-in-law that love those daughters and care for them and for the good men they are. Then there are these amazing eight Grandchildren that have come into our lives what wonderful sweet blessings they are. I am thankful for my little dog, Quate, he is truly my little buddy. It makes me sad that he is aging so quickly, enough said about that...


I miss my mom and dad more than I can express, I am grateful for the great people they were, for their example in my life and I look forward to seeing them one day and telling them personally how much I love them. I also love my brother and sister so much and don't tell them often enough either. So many blessing in my life I could never adequately express my gratitude. Thanks to so many who do so much in my life. Most of all I am grateful for the Savior and his sacrifice on our behalf and the hope of returning to Our Father In Heaven one day


Happy Thanksgiving to all.





No comments:

Our Family