Tuesday, November 22, 2011

"Unkie Marv"

Just after Jessica was born Kerry's Uncle Marv introduced himself to her, he said "Hi, I am your Unkie Marv." That title never left it was a term of endearment for him with our family. Unkie Marv passed away after a long illness and much suffering. I am glad he has been released from the pain. He was a sweet man with a very soft spoken voice and had a gentle laugh. His funeral was small and graveside on a beautiful day in November.



Tanner found as many temples on the headstones as he could find.
Marv had served in the Army, a thought I hadn't realized until we saw the flag and the men in uniform. i
I don't do well with Taps and the 21 gun salute but it is a wonderful tribute to a fallen soldier.

Kerry's mom, the Matriarch of the family, received the flag that covered his casket. In her terms she's the oldest!

I was grateful that I was holding Olivia and protecting her ears from the gun shots because I didn't pull the ugly crying face as Taps was played. I am also grateful for Marv's service in the Military.


Marv's nephews were pall bearers for Marv.

The surviving sisters. Linda, Pat, and Donna


No comments:

Our Family