Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Compassion

We have officially been on the Island of Oahu again for a week. It has been a very different trip for obvious reasons. We finally made it over to the beach to see the sunset on Sunday afternoon and I took this picture of him. He told me to quit taking pictures of him that he would hate but I told him I was just documenting things. After my last trip here in July I knew things would be and feel different and it truly has.



One thing, however, that has been really sweet this time is the compassion that people have shown for Kerry. Everywhere he goes complete strangers ask if he is ok, and the voices are so tender. It is pretty amazing. Compared to home where people just look at him and look away. Not that he wants or needs the attention it is just sweet to see.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

It happened again tonight on the elevator leaving the office. A perfect stranger asked how I was injured and whether I was OK. She was very concerned and very happy that I would lose the collar before Christmas!

Our Family