Friday, January 6, 2012

Hawaii Five O





When I found out that Hawaii Five O was going to be remade I wasn't sure that I was happy about it, I do like the show though. Since we are spending so much time in Honolulu I have been wondering if we would ever see them shooting somewhere on the island. Today after I met Kerry for lunch we were heading up to his office on Bishop Square and directly across the street the "silver camero" was parked with cones all around it.

Then we saw the crew and all of the equipment lined up and down the street. They were inside filming in the UPS store. We watched for awhile and then went in his building and watched from above. People were standing everywhere it was kind of fun.





Because it was during the busiest time on a downtown street we wondered if it would be hard. The crew were really great to work with people when they were ready for "Danno" to come running out on his phone to his car they simply stopped people between takes.



After three takes they were done. Scott Caan stopped and took a few pictures with people along the way to the van where he climbed in and they drove off. Super smooth and it seemed super friendly unlike another report I have read about the filming and it's crew. I went up to Kerry's office for a minute and when I came back down the vans with the "stars" and the camero were gone and most of the equipment had been loaded up on a truck. It was still fun to watch for just a few minutes, I am always looking for familiar places on the show, now I will look for this scene.

1 comment:

shirik@ said...

i'm so happy you got the chance to see it and it's very nice to hear that the staff treated everyone nicely!

Our Family