Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Frozen Wonderland

 This has been a long and cold winter and yet there have been some cool pictures to come out of it.  Like this one of the gazebo and grape vines that I look to photograph during the summer months when it is loading with leaves and grapes.  It is quite stark with the snow clinging to the metal frame and old vines.
 This was up against the house where I began to shovel the sidewalk in order to get to the mailbox.  Further along the sidewalk away from the house the snow was much deeper but I loved the light standing there with the little cap on it.  I am so grateful for those who came and dug out the driveway with their snow blowers, it was something I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do by myself!
When Dave and Jes headed to the emergency room with his allergic reaction I looked out the window from their kitchen and saw this beautiful sight.  The fog had lifted but left it's icy reminder. 
I am grateful for the moisture and the snow pack in the mountains....but I also look forward to spring and warm weather once again.  The trips with Kerry have definitely softened me and made me a snowbird!

No comments:

Our Family