Saturday, September 27, 2008

And the walls come tumbling down (or at least tearing down)

It all started the night we had a Lia Sophia party at our house. While I was in the family room I hear this tearing noise. When I came around the corner into the kitchen Natalie and Jessica were tearing the wallpaper off of the wall next to my fridge, and laughing hysterically at the expression on my face. True that I have hated the wallpaper since we moved in 15 years ago but I wasn't quite ready for that. Two weeks later after the BYU-Wyoming game Natalie was at our house and the next thing I know she is pulling more off of the walls and Kerry is just standing there watching her!
One thing leads to another and more people as Rachel and Cameron get involved.

Kerry even took the blinds down, even though I agreed I didn't think he would. No more ivy on the walls, just the backing from the wallpaper. So who knows what comes next. Paint? Paint on the cabinets, new flooring, new curtains......

I am excited to finally have that nasty wallpaper down and that my girls, who knew I hated it, are more daring than I am. Stay tuned for all of the fun.

No comments:

Our Family