Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Slow Cooking Show

Last night I planned a fun night at Thanksgiving Point with the girls. Taste of Home was doing it's fall cooking show at Thanksgiving Point and I thought it would be fun for all of us to go. Jessica and I attended one two years ago and we really had fun. Last year we were so immersed in weddings that we didn't go. The event was scheduled to start at 6:30 about 35-40 minutes later they finally got started. This should be a well executed presentation since it is delivered all over the United States but it was slow and unorganized. There were a lot of "goodies" given out at a mercilessly slow pace. Three hours later we all walked to our vehicles ready to go home. We did have fun but ended up kind of in our own little world talking and playing like bored kids in the back of the room. Next girls night will be a little more fun girls I promise! (You really didn't miss anything this time Cyd.)
Aren't they gorgeous?
Natalie is trying to figure out what was in the bottom of the goodie bag we got at the door.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

well said, but where is the photo?

Lauri said...

coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trav and Linds said...

That's sad that it was boring! I was planning to go with my mother-in-law, but we never ended up getting tickets. I am glad we didn't end up missing too much, I do love their magazines and cookbooks though.

Our Family