Saturday, September 27, 2008

The color of fall


Before heading to Honolulu to spend time with Kerry, Rebecca and I drove up the canyon to check out the fall colors because I knew when I got back that they would all be faded. Afterall, the fall colors are one of my favorite things in this world. While Hawaii offers tropical year round I love the four seasons in Utah and of course Colorado. My only disappointment is that is has been a relatively hot autumn and so the red leaves aren't as brilliant as usual.

This was so beautiful in person with the color of the leaves and the sun shining between the peaks and of course the snow from the past season still hanging on. I thought I would try and capture it but...



The last time I came up to take pictures in this canyon it was with my mom. It has been too long and it was a good afternoon spending time with Rebecca.

There is nothing like fall in the Rocky Mountains

4 comments:

Cydney Jensen said...

I miss utah so much! There really is no place like home.

Lauri said...

You're right there REALLY is no place like home.

The Smith Clan said...

Lauri, I have to say Fall is the season I just yearn to see the most. I miss it terribly!!

Rebecca said...

i love fall. and i kinda like my street sign picture.

Our Family