Wednesday, June 23, 2010

End of an Era

We have been in this house for seventeen years now and they have been our neighbors all of that time. Tonight we said goodbye over the fence for the last time. They are going to be in new York as Mission President over the Rochester Mission, lucky missionaries and what an appropriate place for them to serve! I had cried as I listened to them talk and as the closing song in sacrament was "God Be With You Till We Meet Again." It is weird to think that this era is over. I hadn't been emotional about selling the house until this last week. Of course it isn't sold and I have so much to do but I have been emotional none the less.
It felt strange to say Goodbye knowing we may never see them again. It feels weird that we are in such a different phase of life than when we first met them. At the same time it feels good to be moving forward into that next phase.
Bye Jack and Melanie we love you guys.

No comments:

Our Family