Monday, April 2, 2012

Lesson Learned

In a conversation with some of my family this past Saturday night I found myself talking about various things and people. I guess I was feeling pretty good about myself or maybe I was trying to make myself feel good about myself, I don't know which. I just know that when I went to bed that night I didn't feel very good about anything as I replayed part of the conversation in my mind. Conference had been wonderful and I blew the feeling I had earlier in the day by having that conversation.

On Sunday I arose looking forward to another day of wonderful General Conference messages. I was not disappointed but uplifted and encouraged to be a better person. I even apologized to my family who had heard me talk and I heard this beautiful message by President Dieter Uchtdorf. in which he spoke of just the things I had felt guilty about and his message "STOP IT." Enough said. Of course there were many messages that were important and had a lot of impact on me but I kept thinking of this one in particular as the day went on. Combine it with a message from President Spencer W. Kimball "DO IT" it is wonderful Just "STOP IT" and "DO IT" now is something that I plan to work on daily starting yesterday! I am so blessed to be able to hear Conference live, to hear living Prophets speak and counsel us. I had been praying to feel the spirit and the messages of conference and to be able to recognize the spirit as it testified to me. I am grateful for this experience and the lesson learned.

This morning on facebook the following post was on several of my friends walls. I guess it his message had a great impact on a lot of people.

I love it! I love his messages!

No comments:

Our Family