Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Swap Meet and Pearl Harbor-July 2011

Before we went to Pearl Harbor we went and wandered around the Swap Meet and got a few things for friends and family at home. It was quite sunny at first and so that added to the sunburn they already had and it was terribly muggy. Part way through it started to pour and so we had to hide in some of the litttle shops. We made it about half way around looking for specific things only to turn around and go back and find things we had already looked at.








Last time Rachel and Cameron came to Hawaii we went too Pearl Harbor but they didn't go on the Missouri so this time we did. Rebecca has been there with me before and I think she loves it as much as I do.




On board


Rachel was amazed by the size of these guns.



Rebecca actually let me take fun pictures of her this time!!!!!!




We were able to go into parts of the ship that we have never been in before.





I can't imagine sleeping like this, and would hate to be the one on the bottom bunk for sure.






We had seen the Dentist quarters before but this was the first time we actually got to see the operatory. Rebecca was pretty excited to see it.












Rachel in the officer's chair.






While I stayed down on the main deck with Jack, who was sleeping, I wasn't comfortable climbing the stairs with him and I had seen this part before so they toured the rest.






While I was sitting there I accidentally over heard that they were having a big party on board after the tours ended and that Colin Powell was going to be the key note speaker. I would love to have heard him.

I love watching Rebecca and Cameron play around, I am glad that they get along so well.






The Arizona memorial just to the left of Rebecca's shoulder.






Captain Cameron looking very stoic.

It was still amazing to wander through and experience this ship once again and I know that there are still many things I have yet to find. It always makes me feel so grateful for the men who have served and serve our country the more I learn.







No comments:

Our Family