Saturday, November 8, 2008

Genetics and Such

I really like having many of the "Smith" genes like height for one. This weekend I am really sick of one of the genes that my dad passed along that being sinus problems and or allergies. I had a shot on Wednesday for a sinus infection and it hasn't even touched the problem so I probably will be headed back on Monday. When I asked my Dr. about the problem he said yeah your whole family inherited this from your dad. I haven't sneezed this much since allergy season last spring. I feel like someone has hit me in the face wtih a baseball bat because the pressure is so bad. Unfortunately I think I have managed to pass this wonderful gene down to some of my girls, sorry. I guess Hononlulu is an answer to that because I don't feel this way when I am there. In the mean time I missed the last BYU home game for the season because I didn't feel like sitting in the cold. I really love to go to the games.......I even slept through most of it at home because of the cold medicine to quote Jess "grr just GRRR."

5 comments:

Wendy Evans said...

Sad! There is nothing worse than being sick and missing out on the fun things we love to do. I hope you get some relief soon. That would be fun to live in Hawaii, but could you do it with your grandbabies here and most of your kids around the corner, literally...

Cydney Jensen said...

I hate the sinus stuff and the headaches. I woke up today with a headache.

Jessica said...

I actually quoted Nat and Dave, so Grr, Just Grr. belongs to them, it was just so fitting for my little artist!

I hope you feel better. The antibiotic I have been on seems to be helping, finally!

Nichole Barney said...

We have been severely cursed with that gene. Kiley has allergies so bad it doesnt ever go away. Bryson is following in her footsteps. I think I have sneezed no less than 100 times today. I totally feel your pain!

Lauri said...

Nichole I am sorry that your kids have the allergies so bad. I saw the Dr. again yesterday for a shot and will see him again today. he said that going to Honolulu would be one of the best things I could do for my sinus and the desert is one of the worst for them. Lived here all my life, who knew?

Our Family