Sunday, November 2, 2008

Witch Village and Trick or Treating

Last year at Halloween time most of the females in our family went to Gardner Village in Salt Lake during a school holiday we drug Spencer and Caleb along with us. They decorate it so cute for the seasons. Caleb remembered it from last year and called it "Witch Village" he wanted to go back this year and see the witches. So on Tuesday of this week we went up and met Natalie for lunch. The meal was less than satisfactory but the outing was fun. I'm thinking that this will have to become a tradition for us with all that can go from the family.(Cyd we missed you agian.) While we waited for Natalie to get there we went down and watched the water wheel.


If he could have climbed into the water he would have!


Two of my sweet girls!

Watching the ducks from the covered bridge

Still watching ducks and the flying witch from the rock wall by the stream.

Just clowning around.

Watching the cat and the mouse run around under the witches skirt.

He looked just at the right time!


Once again drawn to the water.

Anxiously waiting for the Jelly Bellies to be divided up.

Oh the sun is so bright.

Lots more witches.

What's cookin?



Last the best of all the game, the pony rides!

At least Spencer liked it this year.



Later that night we went to our family ward dinner and "trunk or treat" and I asked that the boys come and go with us, I just wanted to show them off!

Spencer was scared by the guy in our ward who dressed up like the Grim Reaper and so he wasn't very interested in eating.

As cute as he was look at the duo!

And then the real fun began.

Spencer seemed to perk up when the trick or treating began.

Look at those muscles!

Rachel and Cameron all dressed up to hand out candy. Rachel's inspiration in Abby from NCIS and Cameron's makeup and hair were great I just didn't get a close up of them.

Almost done.

On Halloween I had an appointment with Dr. Dave and they were dressed up for the day but I was the only one with a camera.

The first trick or treaters at my house "Captain Cook" and "Spider Man"


Grandma had treat buckets that matched their costumes with lots of fun things other than candy for them. It was great fun to plan it out.

Looking through all of the treasures.

Rachel after school, her kids loved the costume.

Just can't get enough of the Captain

Before heading to their own neighborhoods the Great Niece and Nephews went to Trick or Treat at Rosemarie's house don't they all look adorable?

Rebecca finally decided to be Wilma Flinstone for the day, here she is before she goes off for the evening party at Los Hermanos.
Though it is my least favorite holiday it was a fun week and day with the kids. Before you know it Christmas will be here. I haven't even begun to get ready but am very anxious for Cyd and Ken to be here for a couple of weeks.

7 comments:

Wendy Evans said...

You always have so much fun with your cute grand babies. They are so blessed to have an awesome grandma. I love Spencer's Pirate costume, he looks so sweet.

Cydney Jensen said...

I have still never been to gardner village. Not once. I love halloween and wish that we had been there. Why didn't Dr. Dave dress up? He had such a fun costume last year.

Lauri said...

Dave just had a lot on his plate and didn't have time to fuss with a costume! We will have to go to Gardner Village while you are here it is really decorated then too. I just am anxious to see you guys!

Nichole Barney said...

I love gardner village it is so fun and festive! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun celebrating Halloween!

Cydney Jensen said...

We are excited to see you guys too! I just hope that I am not sick the entire time that I am there. I hate being sick all of the time.

The Smith Clan said...

Cute pictures Lauri! Looks like so much fun. I'm a Gardner Village fan also! Love that place and especially at Halloween! So fun to see what everyone is up to!

rosemarie said...

May I just say that you have two very cute grandsons and they are so fun, I have enjoyed being around them a bit more.
Then I must say you have 5 of the finest daughters a Mom and Dad could ever ask for, and I quite like the spouse s of the older 4 too and Reb your time is coming (thought I hope not too soon)

Our Family