Thursday, October 30, 2008

About My Wonderful Husband

1. Where did you meet your husband? At Reams apartments in Provo Utah. They are called something else now. I was asked to cook for his apartment by one of his room mates. He took me grocery shopping the first time and was there most often when I was cooking. He was one of the most shy people I had ever met and so I took it as a challenge to get him to talk. He was dating someone at the time and I was interested in someone else. We became friends and had a class together the next semester. When we would get together to study we would talk for hours and got to know each other quite well.


2. How long did you date before you married? Funny question, we went on one official date before we got engaged, but we spent a lot of time together and knew each other very well. We got engaged in July and married in January so there were other dates...


3. How long have you been married? 29 years, it will be 30 this coming January.


4. What does he do that surprises you? He is always trying to surprise me most recently the kitchen make over was the biggest and most surprising.

5. What is my favorite feature on him? 1.His smile and laugh. 2. His hair even after all of this time I still love to run my fingers through his hair. 3. His hands, the strength and the gentleness.


6. What is my favorite quality of his? That is easy, his compassion and tenderness.


7. Does he have a nickname for you? Mostly is it Lauri but he often calls me Sweetheart and I love it. Of course when I am teasing or tickling the turkey nickname often comes out.


8. What is his favorite food? Probably the Korean Food at a restaurant in Honolulu, he likes a lot of different things. He's a great cook....


9. What is his favorite sport? Probably BYU football to watch but Diving is his new love.


10. Where and when was your first kiss. April 1978 at my apartment after dinner.


11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple. I would have to say spend time together since he is gone so much. We like to escape to Newport Oregon when we can. We just love to be with the family as often as we can.


12. Do you have any children? Five of the most wonderful daughters that anyone could ever imagine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


13. Does he have any hidden talents? Probably the man can do anything and everything!


14. How old is he? 54


15. Who said I love you first? He did


16. What is favorite music? Oldies-Gordon Lightfoot, Jim Croche, Moody Blues, Cream, John Denver, Kenneth Cope, Michael McClean...


17. What do you admire most about him? His understanding and commitment to gospel. His vast knowledge of everything. His love of family.


18. What is his favorite color? Blue


19. Will he read this? Yes


20. Who do you tag? Anyone who hasn't done this yet and who would like to. Why? It's good to remind you about that special someone in your life.

I love you Kerry!

2 comments:

Kerry said...

I love you too. And miss you even more!

Wendy Evans said...

That is so wonderful. Almost 30 years. I bet it has gone fast and what a great oportunity to remember some of those things. You are just sneeky, cooking for him, then getting him to talk... Actually he was the sneeky one asking you to cook for him... And now look at you 5 beautiful daughters and grandbabies...

Our Family