Thursday, October 9, 2008

Benihana and the Aquarium

Kerry and I decided to check out the aquarium on Saturday where he delighted in showing me some of the species of fish that he was seeing personally when he went diving. The aquarium is right next to the beach and quite small but fun to see none the less. The monk seals were fun to watch,they can tell by the announcements that food is coming so they start to perform for the crowd. Makes me want to go back to Sea World again.
As we walked back along the main drive of Waikiki I couldn't resist taking a picture of the Ginger that is blooming in the Park there. I love the Shower Trees that bloom with such gorgeous flowers. I spent a lot of time taking pictures of them last time but didn't know the tree name, now I know it is the state tree.
We ended up on the other side of Waikiki at one of our favorite spots for an early dinner. It's hard to imagine that with all of the resorts and tall buildings that exist around that this property has a shrimp bus sitting on it but I am sure glad it does. It always has a crowd around it we had to wait a few minutes to get a picture without someone standing in front of it. Last night after walking a long long time we went to dinner at Benihana's it was fun and the Chef was a real card. From the heart of rice to the onion volcano and the great cooking in between it was a lot of fun.
Today I had to buy a heating pad to put on my legs because of the shin splints. I have walked so much (a good thing) on the sidewalks with my sandals that I can hardly walk today. What a pain! But I am getting some of the reading done that I wanted to. Just a few more days and we will be headed home once again.

4 comments:

Cydney Jensen said...

I am sorry that your legs hurt so bad

Jessica said...

Oh, so sorry. I have a little idea. It reminds me of our trip to Cali. All the walking was murder on my legs, especially shins. Take it easy.

Wendy Evans said...

What a fun night out. I love that beautiful tree/flower whatever... I am sorry to here you have shin splints, those hurt. Not FUN!

Rebecca said...

why are we going to fun places without me? im jealous. and to jessica... your shin splints in disneylad are from your own death march. crazy.

Our Family