Monday, October 6, 2008

What A Wonderful Weekend


As a Freshman at BYU I fell in love with General Conference, I couldn't wait for them to come around every six months. That feeling has never left me. Thank goodness for the Internet so Kerry and I were still able to participate live from our hotel room. I simply loved the sessions of conference that I was sad when the last one ended, I can't wait until the Ensign comes out to be able to read them again. It was different not to be at home and enjoying the family traditions that we have established over the years, the Saturday morning session lacked the flavor of Huevos Rancheros that Kerry has made for us for years. Then of course after the last session on Sunday there was no Chile Verde and the whole family getting together. I'm glad that those in Utah gathered together to keep the tradition going on Sunday and I admit that I was jealous not to be with them. Wasn't there a talk dealing with "Change."

3 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

I loved General Conference too! It is so inspiring I soak up every word. I remember as a kid dreading it now I can't get enough of it. The talks seemed to be so meaningful and heart felt this conference not so doctrinal.

Jessica said...

The doctrine is definitely important, but when it is heartfelt and personal, I can relate a little more. It seems like more of these Elders are more emotional as they speak. I like that, not because it is a weakness, but because they really mean what they say. It enhances the testimony that they are bearing, at least for me.

We missed you for the chili verde, perhaps we'll have to do it again soon, just because!

Natalie said...

Yes, the Chili Verde was yummy, and it wasn't the same without you guys! How about next Saturday Dad makes us all breakfast... how about Wuevos Rancheros... J/K!

Our Family