Friday, October 17, 2008

My Hero's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


(one hero isn't in this picture because we were on our way home when this was taken.)

While I was with Kerry in Honolulu the past few weeks my family were all involved in a remodel of my kitchen. Kerry was in on the project and communicating from Honolulu with them. The spy was Cydney in Kansas as she would call me and ask me a bunch of questions and pass the message along. This plot was all started in Sept. when Jessica and Natalie started tearing off the wallpaper in the kitchen and giggling. Cameron and I had been discussing the lighting in the kitchen and how I would change it, I didn't know he was spying too! They have been plotting since then. I had some questions about the constant text messages and actually feeling a little left out, little did I know. Following are some pictures of the before and after and it is quite remarkable to know how much they accomplished in such a short time. Actually they killed themselves doing it and were all sick in the process. What a great job they did.

(Before)


They had my entrance all planned for me to come through the front door and into the hallway and then see the changes in the kitchen and then jump out and yell surprise. Guess what I blew it, I knew that neither Kerry or I had house keys so I went through the garage and into the dining room. Despite Kerry and Rosemarie's effort to convince me that we could go through the front I was determined we couldn't get in. I noticed the ceiling fan was on a sofa in the garage and a ladder by the door, then I could smell paint so I guessed they had stripped the remaining wallpaper and painted, which was true but only a beginning.
This is where they were hiding when I came into the kitchen and below is my response.

After I looked around for quite awhile I noticed the shirts that Rebecca had printed up that they were all wearing, they were cute.
Even Ken and Cyd were there from Kansas (we wish) and Rachel and Cameron were at work and at school so I sent them all text messages.
For many reasons they are all my hero's, they include my immediate family, my sister, Rosemarie, and my mother-in-law, Pat, and most especially Kerry. Not just because they redid my kitchen but what a task, they truly amaze me.
Jessica has documented all of the events, fun, and stress. You can check it out at
jessicassecretjunk.blogspot.com
whilemomwasout.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Nichole Barney said...

Wow the kitchen looks great and how thoughtful of your kids. I loved the shirts!

Jessica said...

Despite being an exhausting process, it was fun.

Wendy Evans said...

It is amazing. I love it. Your kids ROCK!! You did a great job, mom...

Wendy Evans said...

Hope you are having a great day. Your poor daughter sounded horrible today. I tagged you if you want to play a game. Go to my blog to see...

Trav and Linds said...

The kitchen looks great! How fun to be surprised like that! Your kids are awesome, I'm amazed that it was truly a surprise too! We love zuchinni bread, so anytime! :)

Our Family