Monday, September 7, 2009

The long trip home-July 6th

When we left to go back to the hotel for the evening we began the process of saying Goodbye because we planned on leaving early the next morning and didn't want to wake them up before we left. As we were getting ready and loading up the vehicles Cydney called to tell us that she and Nora were awake and she wanted us to come and say goodbye. So on our way out of town we stopped to say a very hard goodbye.

The morning started out with a beautiful sunrise.
Having made the trip just a couple of days before it seemed like the road was even longer going back.
This time we made a quick stop in Arvada, I wanted to drive through the old neighborhood and just see how things look. It was pretty sad to see how run down the whole area was. The old house looked so different as well as old friends homes. I had been doing a search on Face book for some old friends from High School and what I learned when I got home was that one of these friends was there at her mom's when we drove by, I have been looking for her for about twenty years, so close. What I have also learned is that she lives in the same city that Cydney lives in so I hope to see her the next time I go back to Kansas. I am having a lot of fun with Face book and connecting with old friends and even extended relatives that I have not seen or talked to for years.

This is the gas station that we always used go to when I was growing up, of course it is a new one in the same spot. Notice the trouble still cleaning the windshield. After getting a quick bite to eat we got back on the road again for the last leg of the trip home. Next time we do it in two days.

No comments:

Our Family