Friday, September 4, 2009

Blessings!

Recently I attended a funeral for my cousin's husband and two sons who were killed in a plane crash. I had expected it to be one of the saddest experiences that I had been a part of. We arrived at the chapel where the funerals were to take place and were one of the first to arrive. As we were getting out of the car the three hearses arrived and it immediately brought tears. But during the day I heard marvelous testimonies and love and compassion and understanding. I came away from the funeral with such a wonderful feeling what an amazing family. We learned of a testimony that was shared in Jed's journals and as some excerpts were read I was full of the feeling that I don't write the important things, I need to be more grateful and express my testimony more.
So while I still intend to catch up with posts of the summer I want to share more of what I am thankful for, and share some of the beauty that I see on a more frequent basis.


This is a small hydrangea that we got while Kerry was working in Oregon. When we brought it home it has struggled to live in the desert climate, this is the prettiest growing season here in Utah. The phrase "Bloom where you are planted" comes to mind. I love hydrangea!

No comments:

Our Family