Friday, September 25, 2009

Sweet Time with Kerry

This summer was so crazy and it was only 2/3 of the way done and Kerry has been in Hawaii most of the time. I was there in June but headed back in August to spend some quiet time with him. I think he knew how exhausted I was and my hip and lower back were just out of control he booked me into a first class ticket so that I could relax and be comfortable. He however, flew in coach, usually he gets bumped up because of all of his miles and I am in coach so it was a little strange. I sat next to this older gentleman who liked to talk, turns out he was an extra in the original Star Trek and even had some episodes on his Ipod to show me. It was interesting to talk to him. Once the out of control family behind me finally quieted down I was able to sleep for a little while.
I really like the place that he is staying now because it has kitchen and a separate bedroom but I miss the views that we had in a couple of other places. One thing that we see quite often are the long boats and teams on the Alwai Canal it is fun to watch them






Kerry has been attending the Mikiki Ward for over a year now, and feels more at home with this ward than our own at home. The Saturday after we got to Honolulu the ward had their annual beach party and Kerry joined in playing volleyball. People actually know his name now.

This is Magic Island across for the Alamona Mall and makes you feel like you are in Paradise with the water views.
It was a fun, relaxing and enlightening afternoon.

2 comments:

rosemarie said...

Looks like you are doing well and perhaps getting some rest. Glad for that, you are doing some fun and relaxing things and I think that is great. Enjoy rest of time with the Gordons and your next 10 days+. Take care, love ya.

The Smith Clan said...

I love all the sea turtles! They are huge! It does sound like you guys have had some great experiences this past year! Enjoy!

Our Family