Friday, September 25, 2009

Turtles-Laniakea Beach

This is my FAVORITE beach on Oahu right now. I am mesmerized by these turtles. I wanted to go back and see them again so Kerry gathered up the snorkel gear and we headed over to the North Shore. These turtles were up on the beach with a ring around them placed by the beach guardians. It allows people to walk up close and take pictures without touching them.
The coastline on the North Shore, I think this is what Rebecca envisioned the Island to be rather than the big city on the more desert side of the Island.

Most of the turtles that come on the beach here have been tagged and have names.
I didn't even see this one on the way down to the beach but on our way back it caught my eye.
I had been able to snorkel here before when we came in July but the water was really murky
so I had a really tough time in the water which made me so frustrated. Kerry went out and chased a couple of turtles for awhile but didn't stay in the water as long as he would have liked to because of his "wimpy wife."
These turtles are so big but to see the tiny little head poking out of the water is deceptive.
On our way back to the city we decided to go by and see if the new restaurant had opened
where Rosie's used to be and "much to my surprise Rosie had not yet met her demise." Rosie's was still open so we went in for dinner. They still didn't know when they were going to close so I hope we at least get to take Dave, Jes and the boys when they come over in Sept. Dinner was yummy!




No comments:

Our Family