Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hard Work

Tonight I picked the last of the green beans in our garden. As I pulled the plants up and pulled all of the beans off I reflected a lot about my Mom and Dad. They always had a garden and worked hard to can and build up their storage. I have since discovered the love Dad had for his garden and why. It is a place to work and produce but also a place to go and think and to reflect. I think about a variety of things from family and things I have to do to gospel principles. I can take music out with me but I often just go out and think. When I was younger I really didn't like when I saw the beans come in the house because I knew it meant hours of snapping, now I like to sit and snap them and get them ready to can, I think of my Mom and the hours she spent canning year after year. I also understand the wonderful feeling of filling the shelves with bottles
that you have done yourself and that is a comfort. Tonight I couldn't help but think how hard they worked and taught me to work. They were a great example to me, I miss them very much.

No comments:

Our Family